Monday 17 December 2018

The Connection between Your Tongue and Your Health


You may find it interesting that your tongue can help you know a lot about your health. The outlook of your tongue can change due to different conditions in your body. It means that if you know about this connection between the tongue and health, you can know about the problem you go through by just looking into the mirror.

A healthy tongue is pink in color and its papillae look quite even throughout the surface of the tongue. However, there are many conditions which can change the way your tongue and papillae seem. In some cases, you may feel pain or numbness in your tongue.

The appearance of white patches or spots
There can be different reasons for the appearance of white patches or spots on your tongue. Some of those reasons are worth mentioning here.
  • The first to mention is the yeast infection which is also known as oral thrush. Most typically, this problem occurs in infants and elder people. The reason for occurrence of this condition is usually the weaker immune system. Diabetes can also be the reason for appearance of oral thrush.
  • The overgrowth of cells on your tongue can cause the appearance of white patches and lines on your tongue. This condition is known as leukoplakia. While this condition of the tongue can be a precursor to cancer in some cases, it is not itself a dangerous condition. Nevertheless, you should immediately see you dentist whenever you see this condition.
  • Another condition to talk about is the Oral lichen planus. This condition results in the appearance of white lines on the tongue that appear in the form of laces. Good thing is that this condition goes away on its own.


The red tongue
The redness of tongue can be due to several conditions which may be related to oral health, overall health or both.
  • The most common reason for the red tongue is the vitamin deficiency. Specific vitamins missing which can cause redness of tongue are folic acid and vitamin B-12.
  • Geographic tongue is the name of condition in which the tongue develops red patches surrounded by white lines, giving an outlook of the tongue. This issue of tongue is usually harmless.
  • Another condition which can result in the tongue having a red-strawberry color is the scarlet fever. This condition usually occurs due to bacterial infection in the body. Antibiotic medication can be the answer of this condition.


Black and hairy tongue
The papillae on the tongue grow during a lifetime. However, these papillae grow longer in some people. When they are overgrown, bacteria can reside in those papillae. This bacterial presence can result in back tongue which looks hairy as well. The major reasons for this condition include diabetes, antibiotic medication and/or chemotherapy.


Be careful about your tongue
Your tongue can say a lot of things about your health. This is reason that you should look at your tongue and watch out for the conditions which may be happening on your body. You can also get your tongue checked when you visit your dentist.

3 comments:

  1. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..    

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, sharing this testimony is my greatest happiness also to let every patient know there is cure to get rid of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS . I was once a HSV patient for a very long time. I have been taking medications because my doc in Canada told me there is no cure except pills to control it which I have been taking. Until I found a faithful and truthful herbalist who finally cured me with herbal remedy. Everything about the virus was gone, my genital warts I have been trying to remove, they all cleared off. Here is the herbalist information to reach him via : DR.IMOUDUHEALERTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM or whatsapp +2348109609753. DR.IMOUDU is great and very kind to every patient. He also Cure 1.HIV/AIDS 2.HERPES 3 CANCER of all kind 4.ALS 1&2 5.Herpatitis B 6.Diabetes 7.HPV

    ReplyDelete